Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

PRESCHOOLS the new college???????

So the search is on for pre-school, I feel that I am kinda stuck. I am pretty open with my parenting and not extremely strict with my kids, but when it comes to anyone watching them, the doctors they go to and baby gear that is for them I am a NUT. I research like crazy, I read reviews, I have a list of questions, I watch youtube video reviews, I go test it out, I google like crazy, basically if there is information out there I will find it! Like most parents I want the best for my kids and I want them to have even more and and even better opportunities than I had, which will be hard to top because my parents were and still are amazing, but I am trying. So like most parents, around the age of 3, it's time to really start thinking about schools and so on. My kids have never been to daycare and we don't really have a regular babysitter. It is not often that I leave them in the care of anyone besides myself, even their dad. CRAZY... I know, but as their mother, as the one who carried them for almost 40 weeks, who felt every kick and punch while in the womb and as the one who went through two natural labors, I feel that it's my job to protect them and keep them safe and it makes me seem a little loco it's okay. 
   With that being said I am STUCK! Preston turns 3 in September and I want him to be in preschool this Fall doing half days, at least 3 days a week! Well find a school you say, well it's not that simple. Being a military family we know that moving is always something we will have to deal with and I am okay with that, but right now I need to know where the hell we are going to be in the Fall. Rob is up for orders(means we will move some where) this year, actually any day now between now and June. Most really good preschools have waiting list and some kids have been on that list since birth! How can I compete with that, I can't! So yes, I am at the point of getting super stressed. If we were staying in Valdosta I would have him at Brookfield Academy with no hesitation, but I don't see that happening.
  When did school for a 3 year old become such a major event, is this college or preschool? Between the interviews and the waiting list and tuition, my kid would have better luck getting into Harvard... tomorrow! Yes, I know it may not be that extreme, but maybe it should be. These are people and other children that my kid will be around for a lot of his waking hours. Until I know where we will be living I have started to narrow it down to the type of school I want. I went to Montessori and so did my step-son, so Rob and I both agree that Montessori is at the top of the list, but there seems to be so much to really have to look at and not enough time. 
While I am grateful that Rob has a job that allows us to live in new places and experience new things, don't they know I have to pick a school! I am happy and looking forward to this next milestone in Preston's life, but I would like to have a little more control over the whole situation. I know some may feel that it's not a big deal and nothing to stress over, but IT IS! lol


2 comments:

  1. Pre school is that serious... It really shouldnt be but it is. I am so glad Jada is going to Kindergarten next year it means that I dont have to search for a school... We are going to try public school this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's CRAZY the requirements and the tuition is unreal, how much does a 3 year old need???

    ReplyDelete