Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Got Green?????

So for me March the 17th was always pretty exciting. I grew up in Savannah, Georgia and St. Patrick's day is a big deal. Schools were closed on the 17th and sometimes the 18th as well. When I was younger it was always fun to watch the parade and where the green and the beads, once I got older it was fun to go downtown and be on River Street with all the crows of people. Now that I am a mom it's fun to dress the kids up and cute outfits and stroll around the city during the day, although going out was fun this year I must admit, I can't party like I used too and i don't really like the crowds of people anymore. Overall, it was a great St. Patrick's day and I look forward to many more. Rob finally got to meet my best friend since I was 5 years old, we laughed until our cheeks hurt, we ate pizza from Vinnie's 2 times in one day, I saw friends I had not seen in a while and we got to read all of the dumb things people got arrested for in the newspaper,(one of my favs was the guy who smacked a cops horse on the butt). I know some parents are probably thinking, it's one one holiday to have to buy a themed shirt for to be worn once a year or that leprechauns are one more thing along with the tooth fairy, easter bunny, santa, etc.  that you will have to tell your child are not real, but I don't mind! I have so many fun memories even at a young age of going into my classroom and seeing little green footprints all over the place and all of us believing little leprechauns had come in our school and they were lose and we had to find them! So yes, some may think it's silly but I look forward to my kids getting older and enjoying the holiday and all the celebrations as much as I did and still do! Maybe it's just a Savannah thing, but whatever it is it's FUN! 
Here are a few pics of our trip!








No comments:

Post a Comment