Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fish & Grits Friday!

Well today Is the first Friday of Lent which means fish and grits in this house! I was raised and I still am a Catholic girl so The Lent season is nothing new to me. We all went to Ash Wednesday mass on the base to start things off right. Every year I say I will go to Stations of the Cross but never really make time to do so. I am making it a priority to go atleast once. So I gave up alcohol, yup no wine, beer and deffinetly no Jack. Rob gave up drinking as well as going to CJ's to shoot pool. I guess we will go to bed early. We will be an extremely well rested family by the time Easter comes around! I do not know what we are going to do with all this free time together but we will figure something out!
Today Gracie also turned 10 months! Time is going by so quickly, I don't like it at all but I am blessed to be here to see it happen and to have healthy children to watch grow up, even if it does give me baby fever! Just this week Rob and I were feeling so lucky and realized how precious time is together. A friend of mine found out her cousin's 1 month old baby died, Rob had a husband on the base lose his wife in an accident and then we wake up to hear about Japan. It makes you realize that tomorrow is not promised to anyone and you have to really treasure the time you have together. Make sure you say I love you, you never know what can happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment