Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I will Never Be "that" Wife, and I'm Okay With That!

So growing up like most girls i had certain life goals. I wanted to be married by a certain age and kids by a certain age and a career and so on. Well God has a way of changing your plans to His plans and although it gets frustrating I am okay with things the way they are. This weekend Rob and I along with the kids went to a memorial service on the base, Rob had to do the invocation. Anyways I realized at this event  after interactions with some wives that I will never be "that" military wife. I completely support Rob and respect what he does, because I couldn't deal with hearing people complain all the time, but at the end of the day it's HIS job and it makes HIM happy. It is also HIS rank. So many of the wives say "we" and "us" and while Rob always says that he couldn't do his job without a strong support system at home, I am okay with being in the background. Now I'm not anti-military functions though. I have gone to all but 2 events in the past 3.5 years, pregnant and all at some. I just don't feel the need to interact with a ton of other wives or be invited to hang out with other wives just because my husband is an officer. Mainly because I don't really like fake people, if you want to be my friend okay, if not okay too, but be my friend because you really want to be, not because you feel socially obligated. And for the record, well at least what I have experienced in the last few years being a military spouse, it's NOT like Army Wives. Yes, Rob and I hang out with some officers and some enlisted, but really the Generals wife being BFF with a Sergeant, let's be real, it's not happening.  Also, the older I get the less I really care about people liking me or what people think of me. I have a small, very, very small group of friends that I truly interact with, and the more I grow up and experience things I realize that sometimes you do out grow friends. Not to be mean or to say I am better than them, but you just reach a certain level and you can't relate to what they are doing, because you are both in such different stages of your lives. 









   Here are a couple of pics of us from some events, told you I do go, even 8 months pregnant!







No comments:

Post a Comment