Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mommy Guilt......

So, before having children I always considered myself to be pretty selfish and if I wanted to buy something I would, because it was just me! But oh that changed very quickly. I suddenly found myself only wanting to shop in places that sold baby toys or clothes or at least something baby related. I would even feel guilty about buying stuff or splurging for myself because I figured the money could be going to something for the kids. While in Jacksonville yesterday we went to the St. John's Town Center Mall, love that place. Baby GAP and Pottery Barn Kids is usually our go to stores and sometimes I will browse around Sephora and restock on some beauty stuff and Rob will smell a few new scents. Anywho, yesterday we decided to check out some other stores. As soon as I saw the Betsey Johnson store was having a sale I had to go in. I have a pair of her shoes and they are so cute and fun and my size 5 foot looks pretty cute in them! Well, as soon as i walked in i saw about 5 pairs, yes 5 pairs of shoes I really liked, but then I looked at the prices and quickly my lust ended. $200 and up for a pair of shoes just is not something that this mama is okay with. The girl that worked there was super nice and insisted I try on a dress with the shoes I liked, 2 bathing suits with heels of course, and a few other pairs of shoes. The look on my husbands face said how much he liked everything and so did I until I checked the tags. It was bad....over $300 for a little pink dress, $200 for a polka dot bikini, and between $185-$ 328 for the shoes. The hubby said for me to get the shoes, and I almost did, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a pair of shoes.  I wonder if I will ever stop being this way. I admit I have gotten better, but I am sure my husband would disagree. It's different for the dad. My husband is always asking me if I like certain things or if i want something and i immediately say NO, it's too expensive, I don't need and a million other reasons to justify my no. I even feel bad about going out with friends, although I do feel like a new person when I get home. It seems a couple hours away from my kids makes me more calm and patient with them so I know it's a good thing, but it's still so hard. Well, I know I will never go back to being all about me, but I have to learn to let myself enjoy some stuff too. Just because I am a mom doesn't mean I don't deserve a little something special for myself every now and then, just not too extreme. I posted the stuff I tried on! 






No comments:

Post a Comment