Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

PCS update

Well, with the packers coming on July 11 and us moving on July 18, my days in Valdosta are quickly coming to an end. I thought I would be really excited now, but I am still extremely stressed. We have a list of different houses that we want to see, but are not going to commit to anything until I see it in person. it is easy to make something look nice in pictures! We will have about 10 days to decide where we want to live before Rob has to report to work. I am the type that when I see something I know if I like it right away, so that will be a positive for us. I have also made a very detailed itinerary of our entire trip. I also have looked up the best rest stops along the way, so that the kids will be able to get out and stretch a bit. We have done a ton of traveling with the kids, including a trip to San Diego last summer, but that was by plane. We do the drive to Tennessee and Miami to know the max hours the kids can really take. We will not push more than 4.5 hours a day and really want to take our time and try to make this a stress-free as possible. It seems like an oxymoron to say a stress-free cross country move, but I am attempting to be extremely optimistic. I am also looking forward to all the landmarks we will see along the way. We will leave Valdosta and from here go to Athens and Nashville to see family and friends. Once the real trip starts we will slowly make our way to the West making overnight stays in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally making it to California. We will be stopping at some pretty cool Route 66 landmarks as well! Every time I see cars, I get excited about the trip!  Cadillac Ranch is one of the things I am super pumped about as well as the London Bridge, yes it's the actually London Bridge! We will detour and go see the Grand Canyon, since it only adds a couple more hours to the trip. when you are putting in all these miles and hours a few more won't be a big deal. Overall, I have to look at this move as a once in a lifetime experience. The kids won't remember, but I will take a ton of pictures for them!




Here is Cadillac Ranch, You are allowed to spray pain the cars, I will be doing the kids names and taking a pic of it!


                                         The London Bridge at night time!



No comments:

Post a Comment