Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Update on Preston

Friday Preston had his appointment with the nephrologist. Rob was still out of town so I knew I would be doing this solo, which did not make me happy. I always end up having to take the kids to the appointments by myself because of his work schedule and the amount he travels. Well, I guess Preston had a flash back of getting all his lab work done, because as soon as he saw the nurse he slowly started to cry. It broke my heart that he was that afraid of the nurse because he had such a bad experience before. I calmed him down in the waiting room but as soon as we went back to the exam room it was waterworks! They needed to do a blood presure reading, check his pulse, take his tempt, get his weight and get his height and listen to his chest and tummy. They were able to get his height and weight....everytime the nurse came near him he said, well he sobbed No, bye bye, car please! It took me about 30 minutes to calm him down from that part. The meeting with the doctor was through a video call. I told him everything that happened up until this point. Based on the blood work, everything was normal, but he was still concerned about the blood in his urine. He scheduled him to have an ultrasound next week so they can rule out any damage to the kidneys. Once the ultrasound is complete he will be able to tell if this was just an injury to his penis or something more serious. He seemed very sure it was more than likely just a bruise to the penis from rough playing or when he throws himself down during a tantrum. That made me feel much better, but I am still a bit concerned and anxiously await the appointment next week. I also hope that Rob will be able to go because I know this is going to be a fight to have the exam done.


No comments:

Post a Comment