Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Easier said than done

WEANING.... to some breast feeding moms that word and everything that comes along with it is a smooth road, and to others.....well not so much. I have been on both ends of things, and I don't like this side. With Preston I did the breast feeding for a year and pretty much stopped the night of his first birthday. He didn't really seem to mind, except at night and that faded after about a week. Well, of course little princess Gracie wants nothing to do with the simple way of doing things. She stopped taking a bottle around the 7 month mark, I guess she had enough of the bottle after my kidney donation. She also decided that the paci wasn't her thing, she never really cared for it, but she started making it clear to us how much she didn't want it. The same goes with the sippy cup. She loves banging it around, and throwing it at her brother, but that's about all she finds it good for. I have been pretty successful with the night time weaning. Between the hours of 11PM and 6 AM there is no nursing allowed, she also does not get nursed to sleep anymore. I still nurse during the day when she wants, but it's not offered. I am just freezing the milk until she decides she wants to drink from a cup. I do not want to stop nursing her, but it would be nice to be able to let someone else feed her liquids. She is doing great with solids and loves the veggies, but no cup! I have googled this issue and tried all the ideas I could find. I guess I will continue to put the cup out for her everyday and hopes that she picks it up soon. The last resort will be going cold turkey and using pumped milk in the cup and waiting for her give in and just drink the milk from the cup!



No comments:

Post a Comment