Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

FAMILY VACATION....not really

Well, I have mentioned that we have been on the road the past few weeks to Savannah and then to South Carolina. Once we got back from Savannah on Friday we unpacked and repacked and got ready for our next trip. We would go to Columbia, SC with Rob. With his job he goes out of town a lot, so anytime he goes somewhere that he drives, we usually tag alone. Not because he goes to any super exciting places, but the kids are crazy when he leaves and ask for him all the time and I like staying at hotels.. Weird, but I have always liked them since I was a kid. It is also a way for the kids to get to go to places we would not normally go. Well, before we could leave we had to take Preston back to South GA to get the remainder of the blood work done. The regualr nurse was there and was able to get all the blood with one stick. I guess Preston knew where he was because as soon as we got to the room he started crying and saying no, no, no and I'm sorry, as if he was getting punished! We hit the road and made it to SC that evening. Rob has made this trip a few times with out me so he knew where he wanted to go  eat the very first night. We went to the Blue Marlin, which is yummy but kinda pricey place. Preston's kid meal was $7 for a plain burger and fries, no drink included! I had already had a late lunch on the road so I stuck to a liquid diet of beer that night. Once we finished there we headed back to our room and watched Swamp Brothers for a few hours. It was a pretty interesting show that seemed to suck us in. It stormed pretty bad that night, which was great background noise for some good sleep.   The next morning we headed down to breakfast. I love hotels that have great breakfast to choose from and I really love when I can make my waffles in the morning. Not a meal you can really eat every morning without turning into a cow, but a few days of a waffle topped with strawberries, whipped cream and syrup is pretty amazing for a few days. Rob went off to his training and the kids and I did some shopping. It was nice to be somewhere that had a decent amount of stores to shop at because Valdosta lacks in the good stores. We headed back to the room and had dinner at the Melting Pot that evening. Rob didn't understand why we were paying so much money to cook our own food, but ended up really liking it in the end. he had been once before and didn't care for it. maybe it was the bottle of wine we ordered that made this time better. The next morning we did a late breakfast, Rob had to be in class by 8 so eating with him required us to get up too early! We hung out at the hotel most of the day and kind of relaxed. We did dinner at Bonefish that night, which was once again a yummy night of food. We made it back to the hotel just as it started storming. Bad storms, that kind you don't want to go out in at all. Good thing I had a bottle of wine already! I had a few glasses and off to la la land I went! The next morning after breakfast I decided to take the kids to the zoo. It was free for both of them and ended up only being $10 for me after my military discount. Preston liked everything but LOVED the fish part. He would put his hand on the tank and when the fish would bump the glass he would get so excited. After a fun day at the zoo, we headed back to the room and waited for Rob to get out of class. The next day we were back in Valdosta and back to regular breakfast food as well. The trip ended up being fun and I it made me happy that Preston and Savannah were able to go to the zoo!

 


Gracie doing laps in the hotel room

Preston taking a color break

FISH!!


At the entrance to the zoo, they don't know where they are yet, I swear they had fun!

Okay, so this was at the mall, I have never seen a little toilet so low to the ground. They also had the low sink and hand dryer, so cute!

Preston doing a little reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment