Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Playing Catch UP

OKAY, I am gonna play a little catch up in this blog. I always think about a post when I'm in bed for the night or driving..... neither times are really good for blogging. So it has been a down couple of weeks as far as bad news. Within a week Rob and I experienced 3 deaths. It started with a friend of Rob's that he had grown up with and a friend of mine from high school, both lost their battles with cancer. The third death was a really close friend of mines, husband. Not to mention all the deaths from the storms it seemed like their was nothing but bad news going on. The only positives that came out of any of these deaths were the people I was able to see. We went to Tennessee for the funeral for Rob's friend which allowed his family to see the kids. Rob's dad and mom had not seem the kids since New Year's Eve and his step-mom had not seen them since the summer, so it was a good chance for everyone to see the kids. It also was Easter weekend, so we got yummy food. I was ready to get home after being in TN for 5 days. Not that I don't love Rob's family, but going out of town is always a ton of work, especially when you stay some where that is not baby/kid proof. When we are at home the kids can pretty much roam around to any room they want and I know that there is nothing that they will get into. Well, Nana and Papa Robert's house is not kid friendly AT ALL. It's more like Heaven for a kid, because of all the stuff you can touch and it's 3 levels, so lots of stairs! The only thing I hate, yes HATE about Tennessee is the drive. It takes about 7.5 hours to get to Knoxville with out kids, so factor in a potty training tot and a breast feeding baby that refuses to take a bottle, well you get a lot of stops. It was a sneak peak into the "fun" cross country trip we have this summer. Well, on the way back from TN I received a phone call from a really close friend telling me her husband had taken his own life. Death of a loved one is always hard, but when it's in that kind of way, it seems so much harder. It's also bad when it's a situation like that, because everyone wants someone to blame and the spouse is usually the scapegoat. Going to the funeral allowed me to see a couple of people that I had not seen in a while, so I guess that was a positive, but that was honestly about the only positive. It amazes me how mean and rude people can be when someone dies. To top off all of the deaths, all the storms in the south happened and so many people lost their lives because of that. I was so glad that all we got was some rain and the power went in an
out for a little bit. Sooooo I think that wraps things up until the start of this week, which I am going to get to next, PROMISE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment