Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Healthy baby girl!

So last week Savannah Grace had to go for her 12month check up and shots. I always hate shots and I still tear up whenever the kids have to have them. It was also a sad day because this would be our last visit to Dr. Criscola. I stared looking for a pediatrician in my second trimester with Preston and once I found South GA Pediatrics I was so pleased. I'm pretty anal when it comes to stuff for the kids so the thought of having to find a new doctor makes me sad. He also entertains all my crazy mom questions no mater how silly they are and does it with a straight face! You would be surprised at the stuff that crosses my mind to ask. Well little baby girl is in perfect health! They were surprised how strong and loud she was to be so small. She does not like having the ears checked and threw a fit when he did that part. She had to get three shots which bought tears to my eyes. Since this was my last visit there, I asked for a copy of both of the kids immunization records. Well, Gracie was up to date, but Preeton needed one shot. Not sure why they didn't give it to him already, because we never miss appointments, but the nurse said it was a newer booster that may not have been required when we were there in September. I decided to take Gracie to the house and bring Preston back up there for his one shot, so I could be done with it. He threw a major fit and screamed no, no, no before she even gave him the shot! It was the saddest thing and I felt like the meanest mom ever! Atleast I know that both kids are nice and healthy and looking great on the growth curve. Savannah Grace is 16 pounds and 28 inches and Preston is 27 pounds and 35 inches. Although compared to most kids their age they are small but I'm small and they were small babies(both under 6 pounds), so based on their birth weight and size they are perfect! Now my search starts for the new doctor, I joked with Dr. C that I would fly back in September for Preston's 36 month check up!



No comments:

Post a Comment