Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

New RIDE!!!

So I downsized.....I let go of my super mommy car and got something a little smaller. When I found out that I was pregnant with Savannah, I knew a bigger car was a must. Rob and I had already decided that my 2 door Sebring was not car seat friendly. I never really had to deal with this issue because Rob deployed a few days after Preston was born and I drove his Mercedes which is 4 doors. Once he came home, his car continued to be the car that we took whenever we needed to go anywhere as a family. He usually drove my car if he went somewhere with out me and Preston, because I never liked being stuck without a car seat. Well, we started to look for a new car that would not only hold a double stroller, but also be able to fit Tre' when he would come for the summer. We ended up getting a 2003 Expedition XLT, which I LOVED. I am olny 4'11" so "the Bus" (that's what we named it), was so big to me. It was super great for road trips because not only could you pack everything, but you also had room to move around! I know one trip Rob was driving, his mom was up front, the younger kids and I in the 2nd row and Tre' in the 3rd row and our stuff was in the back, and we still had room! Well, once news of the cross country move came and the fact that we would be living somewhere that had a lot more incline and hills, I wondered about safety. We no longer would need a vehicle big enough for road trips to Knoxville, Miami, Savannah and Jacksonville anymore. The only way we would hit those places would be by plane! Well, after looking around and trying out some rides, we found the golden ticket!!! It is a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, and it is super cool! It has every feature possible to have and it's fun to drive. I feel like I should go off-road in it. The kids love it too!!!! It still has a 3rd row but it has to be down to fit most stuff in the back. So, yes I do have to really pack the basics now, but it was well worth the trade. I do miss all the room in my bus, but I love the cool look of the Jeep! Here are a couple pics to check it out! 







No comments:

Post a Comment