Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

PAINT....not where I wanted it

So Friday started off extremely chill. Rob had to play golf for work, such a hard life, and I was home with the kids. Well, once Rob got home Friday I decided that I wanted to cut my hair, like really short. I had been thinking about the idea for a while, but once Rob said he thought it would be cute, it was all i needed to hear. Well I started to google short hair cuts like crazy and found one that I loved. I decided that I would go flat iron my curls out first though and bobby pin my hair up so i could get an idea of how the short hair would really look. When I was pregnant with Preston I went through this same desire to have short hair, but mainly because I had him in September which had me dealing with the super hot south GA summers. I actually went in the bathroom one day and just cut my whole ponytail off. Kinda drastic, but I ended up really liking the look. I had never had hair so short, but I quickly realized short hair is a ton of work! I decided to grow my hair out after a few months of the short bob. It's didn't take too long to grow back and is currently pretty long, well to me it is, it covers my bra strap in the back. Anyways, while in the process of flat ironing my hair Rob ran out to get some food and Preston and Savannah were doing their own thing.   Well, Savannah started crying in the living room so I went to get her, in the meantime Preston had rolled and knocked over a can of paint that had been in the bathroom. He didn't get the entire lid off, but it leaked out more than enough bright pink paint all over the carpet, himself and his v-tech. I just froze for a second as a rush of panic hit my entire body. I million thoughts raced through my mind and a matter of seconds. I decided that I would save the v-tech. I figured the carpet was a lost cause and I could always scrub the kid down later. I grabbed some towels that are used for art time and hair coloring and got to work violently shaking the paint out of the speaker of the v-tech and wiping it down. I was always calling Rob non stop, but he was trying to suprise me with food from Creekside and figured if he answered the phone I would guess where he was at. Although I had already guessed it. He tries to surprise me a lot and 99% of the time I know what the surprise is, but it's the thought that counts. Well, he finally answers and I tell him the situation. He asks what he needs to pick up to help clean it up and I tell him, nothing, just get home and watch the kids who are fascinated by the paint on the carpet and are even using paint brushes to paint more of the carpet. I knew that I had to tackle the paint before it dried, so once I was satisfied with the v-tech I got to work on the carpet. I flushed the area with soap and cold water until most of the stain was gone, Rob did some google research and decided that an entire 2 liter bottle of soda water needed to be added to the mix. It didn't seem to do any more work that the soap and water was already doing, but he swore it was so I let him have it. I think he just wanted to pour it all of the floor. I did manage to snap a picture mid clean up because I figured I would look back and laugh about this....I haven't had that moment yet. For the most part most of the paint did come up, and there is no dried in paint on the carpet. I figure I cam run the steam cleaner over it a couple times and it be okay. Well after a ton of water and soap and towels I went back to my hair. After I saw how long it really was I decided not to cut it off. I keep my hair up in a curly bun most of the time and untangle it maybe once a week, so I never really see how long it is until I flat iron it out. I think I may grow it out for a while an try to keep it color free so that I can donate some inches to locks of love. 

short hair

current hair


PAINT!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment