Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

PARTY TIME! (Is 4 enough to call it a party???)

So now that I have Rob's birthday out of the way the next PARTY is for Savannah Grace the big 1! It seems that time goes by so fast. I feel as though I just found out I was preggo with her, but May 11, she will be 1. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. I think that i am excited about picking out girl toys to get her. the kids got so much stuff for Christmas and Preston already had just about every Fisher-Price toy for Gracie's age that Rob and I decided not to buy any toys until her birthday. Our place really looks likes a daycare with the amount of toys all over the place. So today I plan on checking out a few of my favorite kid web-sites and picking out some overly girly stuff for Miss Gracie. We won't have a party, well not a big one. I always thought that for my kids birthdays I would want a huge over the top party, but after seeing a friend do it and get stressed and spend so much money, I decided well, Rob helped me decide that we didn't need to really do all that stuff. My kids don't really have any "friends" to invite anyways! They won't remember and I honestly don't need it. Everyone says the 1st birthday is for the parents, not the kid. I don't knock the parents that go all out, but it's not for us. Once they get in school and have friends to invite I will be the birthday party Queen, but until then family parties. My favorite part about not having a party is the fact that I get to spend more on PRESENTS!!!!! The only thing that makes me happier than shopping for kids clothes is kids toys, I get really excited. So Gracie will have fun decorations, a cake to make a mess of, toys, clothes, savings bonds, and her parents and brother celebrating with her! What else do you really need at the ripe age of 1???

No comments:

Post a Comment