Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Came Early

So we had a fun weekend! Our condo had a Easter Egg hunt on Saturday for all the kids. In February, we all went to the Mardi Gras party the condo threw and had a really good time, so when I saw the invite for the Easter Egg hunt I was pretty excited. I didn't know how well Preston would really do, but he likes putting stuff in containers, so I figured this would be a lot of fun. So, Saturday morning we all got up and had breakfast and I got the kids ready for the hunt. I was running a little behind so Rob went ahead and took Preston. As soon as I walked out of the condo and got closer to the park I spotted Preston's Easter colored polo running all around. It made me pretty happy, to top it off he had a basket running over with eggs and was still trying to add more! I was so proud. Rob told me that he showed him how to do it one time and Preston took off! Above is a video clip and here are some pics.
Overflowing basket!
Still collecting more!
They also had a art station, juices, bubbles, balloons, candy and my favorite nuggets from Chick-fil-a
Gracie wanted in on the eggs once we got home
This is the face she made when Preston took the eggs from her!

Well, I took the kids home and put them to bed for a nap after the egg hunt and had a little mommy time at the pool. Once I got home we just watched TV and hung out! Sunday, I decided I would take Preston to the pool early before it got too crowded. He had fun and had no problem getting in the water, even though it was a little cold to me. We had snacks, blew bubbles and he even colored with the chalk. After about a hour and a half, I took him back home because the sun was no joke out there and his little brown skin was getting a little red! I got him home, he got a bath and took a nap. I went back to the pool for about 3 more hours. I don't think I realized how hot it was, nor how burned I was getting. When I got home Rob immediately told me how red my shoulders were and that he could feel the heat coming off of me! We were pretty much bums the rest of the day, which makes me very happy. I love lazy days! 

Snack Time! 
Coloring with the chalk, the only way I could get him to stay in the shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment