Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fantastic Friday, kinda...

Well it's Friday!!!! Although it really doesn't mean too much to me, just another day, but since it's Lent we will have fish and grits for dinner...YUMMY! It's also April Fool's Day which means Rob's birthday is right around the corner, the 4th. Since we have been married I always do him a special cake, last year I really didn't do anything too special because he had to fly to Texas on his birthday so we didn't have a ton of time. I was also about 8.5 months pregnant and taking care of a dog and toddler, so I wasn't really in the festive mood. But this year I once again made him a cool cake! It's an iPad 2 cake! I expected it to take a lot longer so he got it early. I am really bad at keeping things a secret, I just get too excited. I'm not sure of the gift that he will be getting yet, but since his birthday is Monday I guess I need to figure it out. I always do a cool gift that has a personal touch to it, but I'm coming up short this year. Oh well I will figure it out soon. Mr. Preston decided that he was feeling a little creative as well, by coloring on the kitchen floor! Oh happy Friday. Check out the pics of birthday's past and Preston's wonderful artwork!!!
2008 downtown Valdosta, dinner at Bistro and hung out at Bass Bleu Cafe

2009 at Mori

 Beck's Lite Cake, everything is editable 

Alpha T-shirt quilt, I took all of his fraternity shirts and made a quilt out of them

2010 opening B-day card from Pres

Preston after eating the chocolate birthday cake!

iPad 2 cake, Preston thought it was really and got upset when he couldn't swipe it

Preston's  art work on the kitchen floor

3 comments:

  1. Wow you're awesome at making those cakes! I like the ipad especially. I used to love Mori's, my college friends worked there. The owner, Mr.Kan is super nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I admire such patience and creativity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it took a lot of patience about 7 hours!

    ReplyDelete