Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I will always be a southern girl...at least in my heart

So in a little less than 4 months we will be a West coast family. So odd to think. I have lived in Savannah, Valdosta and Jacksonville, so living out west will be a new experience. Although I am kinda excited I realized there are some things that I will miss about living in the South, and even some things that I will miss about (GASP)....VALDOSTA! We have been waiting patiently to get orders to somewhere new and now that we have them I am starting to see how much Valdosta has grown on me. Okay, for starters being close to Savannah. Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love going home. Although my parents no longer live there I have a lot of good friends that still do, so it's nice to get to see them and for people to get to meet the kids. I will miss day trips to Jacksonville. Yes, it is a pain to have to drive 2 hours for good shopping, but it's always a fun trip. We go down to the St. John's Town Center and have a lot of fun shopping and eating! I will miss our condo. I absolutely LOVE where we live. This is our 3rd move in Valdosta as a family, about the 5th or 6th for me all together, and this is my favorite place. We moved out of our Sherwood condo for a house that was bigger and closer to the base. It made me realize very quickly, we didn't need all that room or yard and I was excited to move back into a condo. Our condo now has a very small community of people, great location, wonderful saline swimming pool, and they are super nice on the inside with a great floor plan. I also love the fact that Preston's and Savannah's doctor office is about a 2 minute car drive away! We could walk there if it wasn't so hot outside. I also LOVE their doctor, Dr. Criscola is an amazing pediatrician and so good with the kids. He even entertains my crazy mom questions! I will also miss the lack of traffic. The only time you see traffic in Valdosta is during football season and if you get caught at a train! I will miss being 3 minutes away from Chick-fil-A, I love their food and even if i don't leave the house until 10:25 I can still catch breakfast! I also will miss the comfort level I have living here. Although I still hate being by myself when Rob goes out of town (the smallest noises scare me), I have a very high comfort level because I know the area and feel safe. I will also miss Moody AFB....not because it's a super cool base or anything, but I know my way around it! I am awful with directions and can get to any building or part of the base pretty easily. I will be using my GPS a lot out in Cali. Of course I will miss the handful of friends that I do hang out here with and the fact that both my family and Rob's family can drive down here without much notice. So, while Valdosta is not the most fun place to live and Rob and I seriously feel depressed driving back here after we have been out of town, there are a few things that will be missed! Not to be a totally sappy person, Valdosta is where Rob and I met, where we brought both of our children home to, and a lot of other family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment