Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Warming up to this place...a little bit

Well, I have now been in the fun state of California for a little over a month. I don't think that it has really hit me that I live here until we go over to the city(San Fran) or I see sigs on the freeway for Sacramento and Oakland and other bigger cities. Although I am not crazy about being out here I have come to like some things. Our house, it's location is perfect. I can walk Preston to school, we can walk to dinner and we are close to some amazing places to shop. Speaking of shopping, there has not been one store out here that I have wanted to go to that is more than 20 minutes away. There is no Waffle House, Moe's or Buca near by, but there are a ton of other places and a Chick-fil-a is set to open soon! I also like the weather. It starts in the 60's most mornings and goes up to maybe 80 during the mid day and by night time you need a sweater. I have learned to dress myself and the kids in layers. I also love having a gas stove, it so much faster to cook on. I am a huge fan of the time change. As far as football and any other shows I watch and would stay up late for there is no longer any need for that. No staying up until 11 to watch Chelsea Lately she comes on at 8 here. That also means no excuse for me not to go to be at a decent hour..... Oh I also like how close we are to San Diego. Although it's not a quick drive, after all of our trips to Miami and Tennessee a 6-7 hours car trip really isn't a big deal for us to do. Overall, this place is growing on me. I have moments when I get super home sick, but I have honestly been too busy getting the house together to have that much down time to really dwell on it. So I guess Pleasant Hill is kind of a pleasant place to live, I am sure there are a lot worst places we could have gotten orders to!





2 comments:

  1. Aww girl! That's great to hear! Hope you still love it in a few months. You really can't beat the weather. How far are you from Heather Lilliman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. She is in Las Vegas so driving almost 9 hours, but not a bad plane ride!

    ReplyDelete