Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

COUCH GATE 2011!


So when I met Rob he had recently moved from San Diego to Valdosta....Depressing huh? Well, anyways he talked a lot about the pub he used to frequent there and an annual event called Couch Gate. Between deployments and being pregnant I never got the chance to experience this crazy event until this year. This was our second trip to SD so I already knew the pub people, I had fallin' in love with the Mexican place next door to the pub and even had a sitter out there that I LOVED! Once we got all the details of CouchGate we made plans to be there. It is basically what it sounds like, tailgating with a couch!  We loaded up the Jeep on Thursday morning with snacks for the kids, juice, Red Bull, Jack and beer! We headed to meet up with everyone at the pub and then all went to Qualcomm Stadium. The Chargers game did not start until 5pm, but we started around 1pm! We parked the Jeep opened up all the windows and the back and turned on a movie for the kids! The best thing about SD has to be the weather, it was the perfect tempt in the Jeep and such a nice breeze blowing. While all the kids watched movies, we ate, took fun pics, had lots of jello and of course did some drinking. Unlike most people I stuck to beer because I didn't want to feel like death the next day! The kids were so good, Tre' liked the fact that he got to play his games with out us bothering him and we were able to hang out with friends with the kids there!!! The kids even hung out for a bit, may have to get them shirts next year! We left the parking lot around 5ish and headed to the hotel to get the kids ready for the sitter and to get dressed to go out to the pub. We had a great time overall that night and I laughed all night. The best part was the California burrito from Sombrero's. I usually eat these for 2-3 of my meals while in SD! Overall, it was a great time, with fun people and I look forward to next year!















No comments:

Post a Comment