Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

California living

Well, I guess I am officially calling CA home for the next two years. This house hunting process is a pain in the ASS to the fullest 100% plus some. We have looked at great houses in awful areas, we have looked at great houses in great areas way, I mean way out of budget. Currently we are trying to find a place to rent, we don't want to buy, because we will only be here for 2 years and I honestly have no desire to settle down in North Cali. Our budget is between $2,000 to $2,500 a month, of course $2,500 is the very top of our budget and we really don't even want to spend that much. Well, I see why the bay area is such an expensive place to live. We found an amazing 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with great upgrades and amenities a whole 1,100 square feet for $2,295.....yup that's what your money gets you here. It's kind of depressing, but we gotta live. I'm sure we could find a place with an old basic kitchen with no upgrades, no amenities, just a basic place to live, but that's just  just not our style. We have become used to certain things and if I am going to be in a new town with no friends and not really knowing anyone, I want to at least be in a home that I am completely comfortable in and that makes me happy to come home to everyday. Since getting out here I am so thankful for my parents exposing me to so much, so many different cultures of people and just being able to travel and see the world. If it wasn't for that, being out here would be a huge cultural shock. I am a southern girl so the lack of grits and Cracker Barrels is a big adjustment. The weather is also very different. The hottest it has been is 80 degrees. In the morning it is in the low 60's, slowly creeps up to the high 70's low 80's and at night it is low 60's again. Layers are a must, it's so odd for it to be so cool this time of year for me. All the pools are heated because, it  just doesn't get that hot! My nose is also trying to adjust to the dust in the air. I am popping Alegra and Claritin like crazy. Another thing I do like is the cheap wine. Wine I paid $17 a bottle for in Valdosta is $10 out here. Drinks are way more expensive when you go out to eat, but living in Valdosta will spoil you when it comes to expenses.  Fingers crossed on this house hunting mission!  

No comments:

Post a Comment