Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We Are no LONGER HOMELESS

So we found a home!!!!!!!! After hotel living for almost a month we were advised to look on Craigslist... yeah I had my doubts about this but decided that it wouldn't hurt. At this point we were staying in our 11th or 12th hotel and I was a pro at living out of a suitcase but also tired of it...I saw a place in Pleasant Hill which was an ideal location for a number of reasons. At this point the two schools that we had in mind for Preston were in Concord and Pleasant Hill. Both of these schools are over a toll bridge. If we were to live somewhere besides Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill or Concord, we would have to pay a toll everyday of $5 to get to his school and I would either have to find something to occupy my time ever day he is in school or go home and pay another $5 to come back and get him. Also Whole Foods, a nice mall, Babies R Us and Target were near the trio of locations I listed. Rob decided that a commute of 30 minutes a day and a one way toll bridge for him was okay if it meant I wouldn't have to commute, pay a toll or drive really far for basic shopping.  So back to Craigslist. I literally found this place minutes after Lisa posted it. We called the number set up a viewing and LOVED it, even though it was 3 stories, talk about the stairs. Within 2 days we signed a lease and had a place to live!! And it get better, the townhouse is walking distance from Preston's school. those that know me, know that I don't walk anywhere and the thought of exercise bores me into a deep wine/jack induced slumber . But it will honestly take more work to load the kids in the car and drive than it would to walk. So we are all moved in furniture delivered and I am unpacking as fast as I can. I will attempt to find my camera cords tomorrow and back track and upload pics. Until then NIGHT!!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment