Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

TENNESSEE, TENNESSEE, TENNESSEE.......

DAY 2 Athens, Georgia to Nashville, Tennessee 298.58 miles about 5 hours and 1 minute.


Well, we woke up around 8AM and had breakfast before leaving Athens, GA. we had to make a pit stop at the Mall of Georgia to go to Lens Crafters and to go to Apple. I needed a new pair of glasses before we went any further on this trip and on Sunday I dropped and shattered my iPhone. After getting all of that business taken care of we headed to Nashville. Once we hit the 24 I was super happy that i was driving, the road is super curvy and even though I was driving I still got a little bit dizzy. The views were amazing. TN is so rocky and green and just pleasant to the eyes.  Overall, the drive wasn't too bad, but the last hour was rough. I started to get extremely antsy and just wanted to get there. We also changed time zones so we gained a hour, but my body did not catch on and when we made it to Winnie's (Rob's sisters) house, we could not wait to go to bed. Rob picked up some food and after eating, showers and a couple beers all I wanted to do was sleep. The kids on the other hand were wide awake and ready to play. Rob said they were running around the house like free slaves. They were laughing and jumping all around! We finally got them to sleep  and passed out soon after. Day 2 was another successful day with the kids as well as Preston telling us he had to pee. We have been getting our energy from an wonderful combo of Smart Water, Starbucks and sugar free Red Bull. It still doesn't feel like we are going anywhere new, just another trip to Tennessee. 















No comments:

Post a Comment