Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain

Day 4 Little Rock, Arkansas to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 337.2 miles about 5 hours 27 minutes. 


Talk about a long day of driving! Honestly today didn't seem as bad, maybe that extra hour is helping! We had our normal American Grill breakfast at the hotel and headed towards OK. Once again the kids did great and slept a lot of the trip. The state line for OK, was not far at all, getting to Oklahoma City is what took a while. Hot would be a term laughed at in OK. I can't even think of a word to describe the heat. The thermometer in my car had been in the 100's most of the trip, so seeing it at 103 was not a big deal, but the closer we got to the city the higher it went. It finally stopped moving up once it hit 110 degrees.... I do not like being hot, I am so thankful my air works extremely well! before going to OK City, were hit Route 66 and had lunch at Pop's in Arcadia, OK. This place has about 500 different sodas to try and a basic dinner style menu. We took a lot of cool pictures had some yummy soda and food and got back on the road for about 20 more minutes. We made it to the city and about 5 minutes away from the hotel Preston announces he needs to yucky(that his term for poop). I freak  out, and I ask him to hold it about a thousand times. As soon as we pulled into the parking garage I put him on his travel potty and he handled his business. I was a very happy and proud mommy that he had enough self control to wait. Once checked in we decided to go walking around. Yes, it was still extremely hot and dry heat hot which felt like a hair dryer was blowing on me at all times while I was wrapped up in a heating pad with an over open. I kept telling Rob that I couldn't breath and I missed humidity! We ended up making it to the OK City bombing memorial and museum. If you ever visit the area, I would say this is a must see. It is an amazing site. The whole design  is so detailed and thought out so well, it really shows the impact of such a horrible day and remembers those who were injured and lost in a wonderful way. Once we made it back to the hotel, we ordered a couple of drinks and I went to update the blog and realized internet was $12.95 a day, not a fee i was willing to pay for one night. I ended up getting in bed an falling asleep on a movie. I realized that the more expensive the hotel is the less free stuff comes with your stay. Up until OK, we were staying in Hilton Garden Inn's we stayed in the historic Hilton Skirvin in OK and although the room was beautiful and the hotel very nice, we didn't have some of the amenities that we were use too. The room did not have a fridge, microwave or free internet but the bath products were nicer, room decor fancier, we had a robe and and umbrella in the room and a nice view of downtown. Tomorrow we head to TEXAS!













































No comments:

Post a Comment